Steering creditors through bankruptcies and defaults
A problematic financial situation can develop out of a wide range of circumstances, from a weak economy to customer defaults. Our attorneys have extensive experience in bankruptcies, defaults and similar situations, and help companies that face bankruptcies as well creditors.
Nexsen Pruet handles the full scope of matters in bankruptcy and creditors' rights cases — from the most sophisticated to the most routine, start to finish. Our attorneys are also well versed in collections laws and techniques, and can help you recover money or other assets you are owed.
Extensive Legal, Industry and Geographical Capabilities
Our bankruptcy practice involves debtor and creditor representation in Chapter 11 reorganizations, liquidations and Section 363 sales, and creditor representation in Chapters 7 and 13 bankruptcy cases. Our attorneys have an extensive range of experience handling bankruptcy, insolvency and preference litigation.
Nexsen Pruet’s bankruptcy and creditors’ rights lawyers frequently handle workouts, foreclosures, bankruptcies, receiverships and collection matters in the Carolinas and across the country.
Our services include:
- Acceleration and enforcement of loan documents against real and/or personal property in both state court and bankruptcy court on behalf of lenders
- Assisting with workouts, bankruptcies and out-of-court liquidations on behalf of businesses and business owners
- Bankruptcy litigation
- Bankruptcy reorganizations
- Collateral recovery and disposition
- Credit procedures
- Enforcement of secured creditors’ rights
- Insolvency litigation
- Negotiating forbearance, intercreditor and subordination agreements
- Providing default notices
- Tax issues in insolvency proceedings
- Workouts and forbearance agreements
Our attorneys have been involved in a number of matters that reflect the diverse skills of our lawyers.
Specific examples include:
- Representation of farm credit lender with $62 million facility on ethanol plant
- Representation of indenture trustee for $130 million of notes in steel company case
- Co-counsel for $950 million of debentures in national restaurant chain case
- Co-counsel for $500 million senior secured loan by bank group in a textile company case
- Successful non-bankruptcy workout for 100-year-old textile company
- Representation of indenture trustee for $74 million of secured notes in steel company case
- Local counsel for $174 million secured debt in 475 multi-state convenience store chain Chapter 11 case
- Representation of guarantor in non-bankruptcy workout involving $100 million of construction-related bank debt
- Receiver in various state and federal matters on behalf of creditors and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission