South Carolina Super Lawyers® & Rising Stars
May 5, 2017
Nineteen Nexsen Pruet attorneys have earned recognition as Super Lawyers®, while six attorneys have been included among the publication's list of 2017 Rising Stars.
Civil litigator William "Billy" Wilkins and Employment and Labor law attorney Mark Bakker have been listed among the Top 25: 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers.
The attorneys recognized on these lists received the highest point totals in their respective categories in the nomination, research, and peer review process.
2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers®
- Mark Bakker - Employment & Labor Law; General Litigation (Greenville)
- Cherie Blackburn - Employment Litigation: Defense (Charleston)
- Henry Brown - Construction Litigation (Columbia)
- Molly Hughes Cherry - Employment & Labor law (Charleston)
- David Dubberly - Employment & Labor Law (Columbia)
- William Floyd III - Employment & Labor Law (Columbia)
- David Gossett - Banking (Greenville)
- Marvin Infinger Business Litigation (Charleston)
- Ron Jones - Bankruptcy (Charleston)
- Fred Kingsmore - Tax, Estate Planning & Probate (Columbia)
- Tommy Lavender, Jr. - Environmental (Columbia)
- Marcus Manos - Business Litigation (Columbia)
- Susan P. McWilliams - Personal Injury; Products, Professional Liability(Columbia)
- Julio (Rick) Mendoza, Jr. - Bankruptcy (Columbia)
- Timothy St. Clair - Intellectual Property Litigation (Greenville)
- Bruce Wallace - Business Litigation (Charleston)
- Bradish Waring - Insurance (Charleston)
- William "Billy" Wilkins - Civil Litigation: Defense (Greenville)
- Marguerite Willis - Antitrust Litigation (Greenville)
2017 South Carolina Rising Stars
- Rachael Lewis Anna - Antitrust Litigation, E-Discovery, Health Care (Greenville)
- Sarah Sloan Batson - General Litigation (Greenville)
- Amy Allen Hinson - Intellectual Property (Greenville)
- Melissa Fried - Employment Litigation (Charleston)
- Andrew Mathias - Business Litigation (Greenville)
- Burl Williams - Business Litigation (Greenville)
About Super Lawyers®
In both categories, candidates are determined through a nomination process and evaluated based on indicators of peer recognition and professional development.
The annual listing in Super Lawyers® is awarded to no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in each state. The Rising Stars designation is given to no more than 2.5% of those lawyers in each state who are 40 years old or younger or who have been practicing for fewer than 10 years. Learn more about the selection process.