Communications Coordinator - Columbia
Promote positive visibility, awareness and coverage of the firm throughout various media channels. This person manages firm‐related communications and public relations efforts in South Carolina. This position is located in Columbia.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Maintaining the Firm profile on the website and across social media outlets and gathering metric data to further enhance presence on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Writing and dissemination of press releases to the media
- Posting to the website, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Staying abreast of industry trends, editorial calendars and other opportunities
- Working with individual attorneys, Practice Group Leaders and firm leadership to identify various media and author opportunities
- Manage day‐to‐day relationships with the media including responding to requests in a timely manner and maintaining public relations contacts and media databases
- Assisting with creation and implementation of the Firm’s annual communications plan
- Managing the process of all Firm‐sponsored award nominations and industry listings and overseeing all submissions to ensure deadlines are met
- Compiling and publishing the Firm’s Weekly Wrap newsletter
- Drafting bios for new/lateral attorneys
- Working with attorneys to enhance practice group profiles and bios
- Assisting with designing and drafting marketing materials
- Researching, reviewing, and drafting RFP responses and proposals
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in marketing, business, or communications-related field.
- The successful candidate will write and speak well under pressure and deadlines. He/she must be able to follow through, pay attention to detail, be creative and show flexibility while collaborating with the Business Development team, Firm Management, Attorneys and Staff.
- Proficiency with content management systems & other online platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, Associated Press style.
Please send resume to HR Coordinator, P. O. Drawer 2426, Columbia, SC 29202 or email resume to email@example.com